Sunday, May 6, 2007

I´m still alive

Short blog. Made it to Zubiri today. If anyone says that only sissies go to Roncesvalles via Valcarlos, I´ll beat them with my now well-used & trusted walking stick within an inch of their lives. It rained almost the entire way yesterday & with all the rain they´ve had here, the way off road was very muddy, mucky, & dangerous. And cold. The other way wasn´t so good either because folks who walked over the mountain said it snowed AND hailed on them, as well as thunder & lightning. Today was a slip & slide down hills, almost bought it too if it weren´t for my stick. Stayed to the road after that & after about 2 hours on the flat top, a local took pity on me & brought me to Zubiri. I was about 2 km short when he picked me up. God bless him & all his family. Answer to my prayers & he wouldn´t take a dime from me either.

I just got word that my friend Patsy (who deserted us for El Paso) PASSED THE BAR!! Everyone please send her congratulations!! Patsy, there´s an opening in Laredo, btw. (hint hint)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a true peregrina kiddo! Forgin on through rain and mud and still finding the energy to post a message for friends and family.
I have just ordered you dry weather and sunny skies so that you can stop slipping and sliding through the mud!
Hang in their girl! It can only get better.
Pilgrim hugs,
Sil

Unknown said...

Go gettem, kiddo!

Love Minkey x

Unknown said...

wow, you are really doing it now! it must be amazing to actually be on the camino after all this time planning, visualizing, training. Stay safe and have a great time!

Hope

DG said...

Thanks for all the support, Hope. Although a couple of days ago, I wasn´t so sure about it, with all the rain & muck.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly you're awesome!

I'm so glad your trip is going well. It must be amazing out there. Love reading about your journey!

Patsy