Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Second day on the Camino

I´ve made it to Azofra & am in the fantastic albergue here: 60 places, all in rooms with 2 bed, NOT bunk beds!!! So far, it does not appear that anyone is sleeping on the floor. I got to do that in Logrono, at the church. The overall experience there was nice, but my body let me know quickly it will not tolerate sleeping on the floor again. I heard about it all the way to Ventosa. That albergue opened up early & was full by 1 pm (I scored a top bunk). More & more people kept showing up, so out came the mattresses until there was no room left on the floor. It was nice, however, to wake up to Pachelbel¨s Canon & then walk through vineyards ripe with grapes in the early hours. A very peaceful start to a nice day of walking.

No comments: