Monday, September 17, 2007

I came to Spain to practice my French

Today I said "good bye" to my Camino friends Josette, Denise, & Lucie. I met them in Ventosa & we have travelled together up to Burgos. Josette is from France. Denise & Lucie are cousins from Quebec. They all speak French & some English, so what little French I know (and it´s not very much) got a real work-out. We left each other at the bus stop in Burgos, near the statue of El Cid. Josette is walking all the way to Santiago, so I will probably see her again, but Denise & Lucie will be cutting across the meseta & picking up the Camino again in Leon. I decided to get a hotel tonight, to have some space to myself, so had to say good bye when they headed to the albergue.

If you are reading this, mes amies, I miss you already! Bon Chemin!

Oh, and it rained like the blazes today.

No comments: