Sunday, March 25, 2007

My plan for my Camino

I had already developed a planned itenerary for my Camino, when I noticed that I had overlooked two places I wanted to visit. So, Someone is still having fun with my plans, wouldn't you say?

Given that I haven't put in much walking practice as I had initially planned, I've decided to average about 20 kms per day (about 13 miles). Thus, my itenerary looks like this:

May 4: SJPdP to Orisson 8 km; straight uphill
May 5: Orisson to Roncevalles 16 km; uphill, then downhill
May 6: Roncevalles to Zubiri 22 km
May 7: Zubiri to Pamplona 21.9 km
May 8: Pamplona to Eunate 23.9 km
May 9: Eunate to Estella 23.6 km
May 10: Estella to Los Arcos 21.7 km
May 11: Los Arcos to Viana 19.0 km
May 12: Viana to Navarette 22.8 km
May 13: Navarette to Azofra 22.2 km
May 14: Azofra to Granon 22.2 km
May 15: Granon to Tosantos 12.0 km
May 16: Tosantos to Ages 22.3 km
May 17: Ages to Burgos 20 km

Since I don't need to be in Madrid until May 19, I have an extra day in case I want to linger in one place or not go so far on another.

The Mundicamino website has a great graphic breakdown of the Camino Frances, as well as the alburgues along the route: http://www.mundicamino.com/ On this website, the Camino Frances is called "The Way of St. James." Click on the British flag to get the website in English, then on "The Way of St. James." Then, click on the "SJPdP to Roncevalles" button & go from there!

1 comment:

Sil said...

What a lovely time you have chosen to walk the camino. Be prepares for fields of poppies as far as the eye can see; green, green fields and vineyards (no grapes yet) and look out for the large white and black European stork who come back every year (they are monogamous breeders) to their centuries old nests on top of church towers and steeples!
When in Paris, visit Tour St Jacques - where pilgrims of old used to congregate in their hundreds before setting off for Spain - as well as Rue St Jacques across the bridge from Notre Dame.
Have a wonderful journey!
Sil