Monday, May 11, 2009

It's the middle of May & I'm still without a passport

Just one of the things that needs to get done asap if I plan to leave at the end of August. Wow, that's really coming up fast, isn't it? My plan is to fly into San Sebastian & take the bus or train over to Biarritz, then the train to SJP. I know most people go through Pamplona, but you have to take a bus or taxi to Roncesvalles & then another taxi to SJP. Plus the fare to San Sebastian from Madrid is less than that to Pamplona. Weird. I've revised my itinerary several times already, so who knows where I'm going to end up each night? Certainly not me! I'd like to stay in different places than I've stayed at before, though, so I might end up in places like Obanos & Lorca, as opposed to Puente La Reina & Estella. Once past Leon, however, all bets are off as I haven't covered that area yet.

3 comments:

JIM said...

Kelly
Hope you can make the camino happen. Should be an easy journey compared with the health journey you have experienced in the past year

Happy Trails

Edel`s blogg said...

Hi Kelly! I`m going just from Burgos to Santiago de Compostela. Luckiy I have a valid passport, also pilegrim passport is fixed. I thought that I never could fix the pilegrim passport. Now hopefully everything will go well. I have just being planning this since end of may. I will finish my camino in september. For your own safety you better not mention the exact date you will do the camino and go to Spain. There are unhonest people out there, robbing your house while you are away.And when you arrive Spain, and well on your camino, keep an eye on your wallet, your credit card, your passport, all important documents: guard them well! May god bless you! <3 Buen camino!

gone with the wine said...

how many times have you walked the camino?