Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Well, 2008 has come & gone. It was a momentous year all around for me (could you tell?), but now it's time to get serious about my upcoming Camino. Starting Monday, I'm hitting the streets again, building up my stamina & (hopefully) losing some weight while I'm at it. I'll need to order the new CSJ guide & as well as look into getting a new pack. And socks. Oh, and boots too. I like the New Balance ones I used before, but they're a little worn down now & the last thing I want to have happen is for my boots to die while I'm in the middle of the Camino.

For the Camino newbies browsing my blog, I walked parts of the Camino in 2007, in May & in September. If you're looking for info on the albergues, start looking in September-December 2007. The info might be a bit out of date now, but I did try to include a photo of the sleeping arrangements & comments on the state of the bathrooms, which IMO are the most important considerations.

4 comments:

Sil said...

Yoo-hoo! Go girl!
When, from where, how long for? Any chance of meeting up in Espana? I'll be there for a couple of weeks in June/July.
Hugs,
Sil

DG said...

I wish I could go in June/July, Sil, but I won't have enough annual leave time by then. :( As it is, I'm considering taking a 2 month "sabbatical" so I'm not rushed & can actually start in SJPdP instead of Roncesvalles. Right now, I'm planning on going in September.

Virginia ("Ginn") said...

I'm making my (first) Camino in about 12 weeks - I arrive in Madrid in late April. I plan to go to the American Pilgrim Gathering in March - quite a wonderful kick-off for my big adventure.

Thanks for posting you Camino stuff...very inspirational and helpful.

Life is good...

"Ginn"
Off to the Rat-Race in Santa Fe

Unknown said...

I will be doing "EL Camino" for the first time in 2 weeks, wondering what the weather will be like and what cloth to take, any advie?

Thank you and best wishes,

Ana